Post Ref: A419900
Posted On: Tuesday, 17 January, 2012
(+91)-8686655355 RF NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER RIYADH
MOHAMMED ANSAR ALI QURAISHI
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Huawei Certified BSS/RAN engineering, Master Graduate of National University (USA) under wireless communication program with strong academic background in WCDMA/4G and hands-on experience in 2G 3G LTE PLANNING, DESIGN & OPTIMIZATION and excellent at multi-tasking with proven ability to handle related duties. Currently seeking a challenging technical position and contributing to the telecommunication organization development.
2G, 3G & LTE Planning and Design Engineer
Alcatel-Lucent - STC Project (Northern Region K.S.A) July12 – Current
• Responsible for all RF design activities like Nominal site plan (frequency and code), design validation, running simulation for service validation in an area and generating related data base forms to initiate activity.
• Performed on network planning of 2G, 3G & LTE project for new site design and modernization of existing sites by analyzing traffic and site coverage with ASSET and ATOLL.
• Back-office support for RF survey teams for ISS & FSS scheduling for new ALU sites in northern & eastern region and coordinating with Site Acquisition dept. in STC for joint site survey.
• Designing LTE new sites, 2G & 3G new + modernization sites, COW sites, Carrier Addition, Co-location Sites Design.
• Creating Nominal Cell Planning (NCP) for new sites and taking approval from client STC.
• Defining threshold for adding 2nd carrier to particular 3G site.
• Frequency planning/scrambling code planning for new sites or changes in existing sites.
• Check the SSR status of LTE sites and report to the customer daily.
• Create Site Acceptance Reports (SAF), Final Site Survey Reports (FSS), Initial Site Survey Reports (ISR) and Site Change Orders (SCO) for expansion/swap sites using ATOLL and GATS tools.
• Tagging references and documenting of all SSR using DCC (GATS).
• Providing coverage and quality predictions of all new and modernization sites using ATOLL.
• Updating and providing daily WMS data dump of all the sites.
• Requesting for frequency change, new coverage and additional capacity through FCR, NCR and ACR for cluster/area or COW deployment in the area based on performance and predictions.
• Change the radio related parameters, by using the GATS (Oracle Database) designed to streamline the interaction between the Optimization team, RF Design team and O&M.
• Analyze Radio Network Survey Reports (ISS/FSS/SAF/SAR/SSO/SCO), site candidate’s evaluation, ranking in order to judge if they are suitable from a radio network point of view (Hardware and Location).
• Coordinate with teams to construct and produce Method of Procedure (MOP) that includes Detailed Technical Design by Network Engineer Tool, Contract Unit List (CUL), Detail Engineering Tracking System (DETS), Bill of quantities (BOQ), Site Hand Over (SHO), Site Change Order (SCO), Technical Site Survey Report (TSSR) and MOP summary details that are in accordance to Scope of Work (SOW) received from Customer STC.
• Responsible for Designing Method of Procedures for ALU 9100 Multi-Standard Base Station-MBI5 and ALU 9500 Microwave Packet Radio (MPR) equipment using Telcordia Network Engineer (NE) tool/ArcGIS 9.x.
• Migrating all RF site-related information into NE tools (OSS) as per SCO, sites that deliver Single RAN solution by incorporating 2G-900/1800, 3G-2100 and LTE/4G-1800/2300 in one cell site.
• Coordinate with Pre-Sales, Survey and Installation team for any revision of scopes, Blocking issues regarding to MOP numbers, No. of Jobs, Cabinet Model Type, No. of Carriers Capacity, Tower Layout, Microwave Location, Antenna Types and Location, Feeder Cable Standards, Floor Plan approval to complete the Design or As-Built MOP’s.
• To study and send for approval of Final Detail Engineering Design (FDED) for Telecom, Power and Civil and make necessary correction as per Customer Standards. To provide updated design to project team with complete CWO information in order to perform the PAT.
• Coordinate with NE Tool support team for any kind of issue in NE Generated ODM’s, Work Orders, MOP number and Cabinet Location and there Configuration Design and As-Built.
• Check the status of the MOP’s by Network Financial Tracking System (NFTS) to update MOP as per rejection comments and resubmit to STC.
• Updating ADMS (Assets Dismantle Material System) of dismantling jobs for 2G and 3G swap / redeployment sites in accordance to PO, MOP, SOW, Survey reports etc.
• Working on NFTS (Network Financial Tracking System) in STC for dismantling material by uploading the material details for the site which is dismantled in ADMS.
2G 3G LTE network’s QoS, KPI Performance Optimization and Post Processing Engineer – Huawei-ZAIN Project (West Region K.S.A) April11 – July12
• Responsible for reporting, updating and maintaining daily, weekly and monthly QoS and network performance reports and databases.
• Generating and delivering OAM services reports
• Responsible to make sure to meet the requirements of the customer and Creating TT process for escalation in case of non fulfillment of SLA’s and KPI’s using RTTS (Random Trouble Tracking system).
• Primarily perform post process analyzing and documenting reports for all KPI TEST scenarios for the network performance management (Availability, Accessibility, Retain ability, Mobility, Utilization & Service Integrity). using M2000, MapInfo, Google Earth, XCAP, PRS, MOS-7100, MOS-5200, Genex Assistant and Genex Probe
• Daily KPI update & monitoring of KPIs. BSC/RNC performance supervision and TopN cells analysis Post site integration shakedown analysis.
• Checking cell by cell load balancing (congestion) and troubleshooting of the worst cells, cell out of Service, network performance and network quality(radio coverage).
• Cluster and Network optimization, Detailed Post site integration shakedown analysis and performing BSIC frequency & neighbor tuning and cell parameters to remove coverage holes and interferences.
HSPA KPI Optimization & Post-Processing Engineer – NSN-STC Project (South Region K.S.A) Dec10 – April11
• Achieve & maintain the Radio Network Performance as per the contracted KPIs (Availability, Accessibility, Retain ability, Mobility, Utilization & Service Integrity).
• Monitoring KPI and conducting Final acceptance Report by means of statistics and drive test measurements.
• Analyzed and generated reports for 2G, 3G and HSPA broadband (42.2MB/s) using Actix, TEMS 11.0.4, XCAL-W 3.2, SwissQual.
• Responsible for interference analysis and tested radio performances of the newly integrated sites.
• Coordinated with the team in all other regions to check their performance, capability and on time site submissions with proper logfiles and complete DT functionality including sites audits.
2G 3G Planning & Optimization Engineer – NSN-Zain Project (South Region K.S.A) Jul10 – Dec10
• Analyzed with Nemo Outdoor and Actix for Broadband punch-list of 21MBps HSPA.
• Post processing for Nokia S12/S13/ S14/RAS06/ RU10/RU20
• Prepares XML files using NetAct Plan Editor (Ver. 4.6-4-1) for adding missing neighbors based on distance and actual handover attempts to improve statistics.
• Knowledge of setting up the specific 3G RF parameters for the site to be integrated.
• Responsible for Inter-departmental Co-ordination with Implementation / Project Control / NOC / NSS / Operations to complete the Pre-Launch Process.
• Responsible for the new site, co-location site, re-homing, expansion, low power, cross-feeder, cell parameters and troubleshooting.
• Management of PAT’s, FAC’s and ATP’s for the approval of new sites to be On Air.
• Generated SAR and TSSR reports for the objective to expand the capacity and coverage of existing Network.
• Responsible for both the site’s RF acceptance and QoS.
• Coordination with the OMC and BSS Team about site status and WAP implementation.
• Worked on MAPInfo and Google Earth for day-to-day physical & geographical updating.
• Optimization of Site such as Height of Antenna, Tilt & Orientation of Network.
• Done hot spot collection, nominal selection.
• Decided the far end location to the GSM antenna depending on the clutter surrounding.
2G 3G KPI Analyzer & Post-Processing Engineer – NSN-Mobily project (RIYADH, K.S.A) Jan 10 – July 10
• Prepared the KPI report using TEMS and MAPInfo and forwarding it to the optimization engineer with recommendations and actions.
• Adjusting 900 and 1800 traffic sharing for DCR and MPD (Minutes per Drop) Improvement.
• Planning and re-planning cell size antennas (Azimuth or tilt or repanning) and/or location to meet traffic capacity & coverage needs.
• Responsible for traffic dimensioning with optimal use of Half Rate & execution of antenna redesign activities.
• Identified causes of poor coverage, hardware, transmission, poor handover/reselection parameters (HOP), discrepancy adjacent parameter (FMC), power parameter setting, etc and made suggestions about the orientation changes, electrical tilts changes or antenna heights, re panning etc.
• Checking the missing neighbors and suggests adding the DN with the cells.
• Coordinated with BSS teams to resolve issues and observing the particular cell parameters set.
• Checking the handover performance between cells (Incoming / Outgoing HO).
2G 3G Post-Processing Engineer for Qualcomm Inc. (San Diego, USA) Apr 09-Nov 09
• Primarily prepared the reports using TEMS and MAPInfo and forwarding it to the optimization engineer with recommendations and actions.
• Analyzing logfiles for macro and micro sites to meet coverage and traffic requirements upto KPI’s level for AMR 12.2(Voice calls) speech quality.
• Analyzed sites affecting network especially call drop or intra-handovers & inter- handovers, signal strength and power level at the site.
• Analyzed cluster-based and newly added sites network coverage.
• M.S., Wireless Communications, National University San Diego, CA, Oct 2009 CGPA – 3.57/4.00.
• B.E., Electronics & Communications Engineering, Deccan College of Engg & Tech, Hyderabad, India, May 2006, CGPA - 3.4/4.00.
Package : Microsoft Office Suite.
Platforms : Windows98, NT, 2000, XP. Win7.
Design & Simulation Tools : iManager M2000, PRS, MOS-7100, MOS-5200, Actix,GenexAssistant, SwissQual, X-CAL, XCAP, TEMS, Genex Probe, Nemo, MapInfo, Asset, ATOLL, GATS, MultiSIM, PSpice, XILINX, ModelSim, VHDL, Mat lab, EDX, Telecodia NE, LabView, 8085 & 8086 micro-processor emulators.
Competencies : Modulation techniques (BPSK, QPSK, GMSK, QAM, OFDM), Link budget analysis, MIMO networking, RF planning design and optimization, Call processing, GSM & WCDMA wireless systems, MTX, NBSS, NGVN, SS7, TCP/IP, QOS, IP multicast, Layer 2, GPS, OTA, SLA, EDGE, GPRS, HSCSD, HSPA, ZigBee, Bluetooth, NFC, USB, 802.11x, UWB, LTE, MVNO, SDR, Wi-Fi, WiMax, UMTS.
LAB Instruments : Digital Voltmeter, Oscilloscope, Frequency Analyzer.